STEP 1. INVITATION FOR STUDY
In order to obtain an invitation to study at KNLU a foreigner should send to the Preparatory Department the following documents:
- Copy of the first page of the valid passport containing the personal data, translated into Ukrainian.
- Copy of the document on secondary education with a translation into Ukrainian.
- Copy of the supplement to the document about previous education with grades (marks) with a translation into Ukrainian or an academic transcript (indicating the number and name of the document) with a translation into Ukrainian.
- Power of attorney for receiving the invitation in case the applicant does not pick it up in person, legalized or apostilled depending on the country where the power of attorney was drawn up, the citizenship of the applicant with a translation into Ukrainian.
- Scanned copy of the signed consent on processing of personal data (written by hand full name, date and put the signature).
After reviewing the abovementioned documents, the admissions committee will send further instructions to the foreign applicants. Please follow these instructions to receive an official Invitation for study at KNLU. The Invitation should be submitted to the Embassy of Ukraine in the country of residence for the purpose of receiving a student visa.
When the invitation is ready, an applicant or a representative must pay a visa support fee, which is 648 UAH.
STEP 2. LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
Upon arrival at Kyiv National Linguistic University, a foreigner should submit personally to the Admissions Committee:
- An application form (filled in at the University and stating the specialty, educational-professional programme, degree of higher education and the form of education they are applying for).
- A document on previous education, legalized or apostilled depending on the country where it was issued (the original and 2 copies with Ukrainian translation and notarization in Ukraine).
- A supplement to the document on previous education, legalized or apostilled depending on the country where it was issued (the original and 2 copies with Ukrainian translation and notarization in Ukraine).
- National passport of a foreigner or other document certifying a stateless person with a type D visa for countries with an entry visa, issued by Ukrainian consulates abroad based on invitations to study (3 copies of the original document with Ukrainian translation and notarization in Ukraine).
- A birth certificate (1 copy of the original with Ukrainian translation and notarization in Ukraine).
- A medical health certificate, certified by the official health authority of the country from which the foreigner came and issued no later than two months before departure for study in Ukraine, its translation into Ukrainian and notarization in Ukraine.
- X-Ray test certificate issued no later than two months before departure for study in Ukraine, its translation into Ukrainian and notarization in Ukraine.
- A valid health insurance policy.
- 12 photographs sized 3x4 cm, coloured, matte.
- Certificate of the beginning of the procedure of nostrification (recognition) of the previous education document. *
*According to the actual legislation of Ukraine all documents on the previous education of foreign citizens must undergo the Procedure for recognition in the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. The procedure for recognition of the documents for the purpose of studying is carried out before the beginning of the second semester of the first year. Payment for the recognition and procedure is made by the foreign applicant. In the absence of confirmation of the authenticity and / or equivalence of a foreign educational document, the owner will be expelled by the University.
All the above-mentioned documents must be certified by the representative office of the diplomatic mission of Ukraine in the country from which a foreigner arrived.
The admission procedure will be completed after the signing of an agreement with the University and payment of the tuition fee for the 1st year of study.
KEY DATES OF ADMISSION CAMPAIGN FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN 2023/2024
- Beginning of registration and issuing of invitations for study for foreign citizens – May 15, 2023.
- Start accepting applications and documents – July 01, 2023.
- The end of accepting applications and documents from individuals – September 20, 2023.
- The first session of entrance exams – from July 17 till July 28, 2023.
- The second session of entrance exams – from August 28 till September 01, 2023.
- The third session of entrance exams – from September 21 till September 27, 2023.
- Enrolment of students – September 30, 2023.
ACCOMMODATION IN THE KNLU DORMITORY
Students of the Preparatory Department for foreign citizens may be accommodated in KNLU dormitory No. 3 in double and triple rooms.
To be lodged in a dormitory a student should:
- Conclude an agreement on accommodation.
- Pay for accommodation.
- Obtain a Settlement Order.
- Get a pass to the dormitory.
8/13, Feodosiyska str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03028
Phone: +38 (044) 525-68-65, +38 (044) 525-68-67